Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Seagulls









Hmmm, I think hot chips, one leg stands, squawks, beaches and Richard Bach. Have you read it? Jonathan Livingston Seagull? My old friend Matthew gave me a copy ages ago. Another friend gave it to him. It was small enough to start him reading books. Here's a quote...
'Don’t believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding.'
And why not, here's another...
'Jonathan Seagull discovered that boredom and fear and anger are the reasons that a gull’s life is so short, and with these gone from his thoughts, he lived a long fine life indeed.'
Seagulls make me smile at the moment.
I wanna make smoking ones. That just stand around. On one leg. And bitch about Jonathan Livingston Seagull all day long. Really they're jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment